[nfbcs] Backup hard drive

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed May 8 18:21:39 UTC 2013

Tracy,

I have two Western Digital Passport external USB drives and don't have any complaints.  I've heard it said that you shouldn't count on any of these devices for more than a few years, though, with the time
varying with use and how the drive is handled.  Sometimes you have to read the reviews to figure out if they are objecting to anything that you care about or if the expectations are not realistic and then make a
judgement if a bad review is relevant to your use.  It is getting sort of hard to know what the best backup media is these days.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson