[nfbcs] Preference in Braille Displays

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon May 20 15:30:23 UTC 2013

Jude,

I would so love to do that! It's just not doable at this point, although
Baltimore is on the list of must-see's for when we ever get to our east
coast trip. A tech purchase for me is ahead of that on the budget,
though, so there you have it. Of course, our family emergency Florida
trip took out my tech budget for the year, so I feel sorry for myself
and am trying to come up with a new plan I can live with. With 2 fathers
in their nineties on opposite sides of the country, planning is iffy.

I have been thinking iPad (and later iPhone) to compensate for the lack
of native note taking capability in the Focus. I have other plans for
using the iPad anyway. So if that combo works as advertised, that would
give me a lot more portability and flexibility than I have now. Of
course, if the perkins keyboard cannot be used to type notes in braille
there, either... Yikes!

Anyway, for now I'm on hold, but I do like to keep up with what's
available and how things work so I can make good decisions when the time
comes to get back to my own life. Of all the questions I asked around
about the Focus, though, a few months ago when I was doing more serious
research, it just never occurred to me to ask if the braille keyboard
can be used to type braille! Silly me, I guess. /smile/

Tami