[nfbcs] Ethics of screen reader friendly development

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue May 21 13:05:57 UTC 2013

Accessibility of websites might not help the general population, but I
think accessibility of gadgets and appliances would.  I heard the person
from the Trace Center make this argument many years ago.  It still hasn't
happened as he said, but it still seems right to me.
If If cell phones talk, people have less need to look at the screen, and,
hopefully, that leads to less distracted driving or walking.
If a blind person can drive a car, a sighted person can use the car while
playing computer games or working.
And, if appliances talk or are otherwise accessible, wouldn't that make it
easier for elderly people losing their vision to stay in their homes?
Tracy

.> Wow, what a thought-provoking post.