[nfbcs] Cygwin MySQL Bash and Python

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Wed May 22 20:11:00 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have decided that I do need to run MySQL on cygwin because I need the ability to combine programming scripts with MySQL commands. I installed MySQL on cygwin via apt-cyg, which was very easy.

However, the programming language I know the best is python and I read that the MySQLdb driver for python is complicated to install on cygwin. I have been looking all day and I am not sure of how to do it. Someone in my lab suggested using bash programming instead. However, I will have to learn bash to do this. Also, wouldn't bash eliminate the possible of running MySQL in batch mode?

Thanks,

Kevin