[nfbcs] accessible webinars

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Sep 30 15:22:00 UTC 2013

Some Flash videos at least can be controlled with keystrokes when the
Flash object itself has keyboard focus. You could try the following if
the complexity of it doesn't bother you: Type Insert+Z to turn the
virtual cursor off, Tab until you reach a control inside the flash
area, then try up and down arrows for volume and left and right arrows
to skip backward and forward through the video. Turn the normal
virtual cursor support back on with another Insert+Z as needed.

If it is practical to view the flash presentations at a different time
from when you use the information in them, you could consider
recording the audio content, such as with a tape recorder, BookSense,
smart phone, etc. You could then review the information using that
device.

If the written information does not appear inside the Flash area in
JAWS' virtual view of the page, you probably can't get to that
information without a sighted reader. A reader may thus be another
avenue to consider.