[nfbcs] SharePoint

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Tue Aug 5 22:42:29 UTC 2014

Hi Tracy,

SharePoint is not that bad.  From the webpage, you can choose a view that
makes the document library appear as a windows explorer list view structure
which allows you to access and cut and paste files easily.

You can also map your SharePoint to a disk drive to make the entire library
be a windows explorer view as follows:

Map a SharePoint Website to a Disk Drive

To establish a link to a SharePoint site through Windows Explorer, go to the
SharePoint website, hit alt+d for the address field, hit control + c to copy
the address into your clipboard, hit Windows + e to go to Windows Explorer,
hit shift + tab to  bring you to the left side of the screen (in tree view)
and land on computer (which is my  PC in Windows 8), click the right mouse
button, arrow down to Map Network drive, hit enter,  paste the SharePoint
shortcut name into the folder field, hit shift + tab and select a  drive,
tab to "reconnect at startup and check it, tab to finish.

Now when you want to read or add documents to your SharePoint site, hit
Windows + r for the run dialog, enter your SharePoint disk letter, and your
SharePoint documentation will appear in a Windows Explorer dialog.  You can
open, copy, and delete files just like any Windows Explorer dialog.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher at swbell.net