[nfbcs] Android Question

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Dec 1 01:26:44 UTC 2014

Have you contacted Google about this?

Nicole

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Joseph C.
Lininger via nfbcs
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:09 AM
To: nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfbcs] Android Question

Howdy folks,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Sprint as my carrier. Does anyone have any
idea how to make the dialer allow for exploration of the keypad without
considering a touch of a half second or so to be a long press?
It's difficult as it stands now to dial using the dial pad, because if my
finger isn't pretty much constantly in motion it will act as though I long
pressed on whereever I paused to listen. Changing the press and hold delay
setting in accessibility doesn't seem to affect that particular screen.
there are some other areas of the phone that are affected by this
difficulty, but that's the one that really causes me grief. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Joe