[nfbcs] Slightly OT Where Does Firefox Store Cookies

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Dec 27 01:35:56 UTC 2014

1. Modify your program to clear cookies from the the database. This is an
option, but you'd have to learn the database schema and then write the code
to modify the db.

LOL, no thanks. :)

2. Customize settings in firefox. One choice you have is to clear cookies
when firefox exits; I can provide info on how to do that if you want.
Otherwise, you can clear them manually, per-site or in full.

Yes, please send information about this.

3. Enable the in-private browsing feature in firefox. That will implicitly
result in all cookies being cleared, among other things. I don't know that i
recommend that option because it will also result in your cache being
disabled and no history being available.

Agreed.

Nicole

Firefox stores cookies under it's profile directory. Unfortunately, it
doesn't do this like IE; the cookies are not individual files under a
directory and so cannot simply be deleted. Rather, the cookies are stored in
a database. Fortunately, Firefox has some options that you can use for
clearing them. Here are your choices.

1. Modify your program to clear cookies from the the database. This is an
option, but you'd have to learn the database schema and then write the code
to modify the db.
2. Customize settings in firefox. One choice you have is to clear cookies
when firefox exits; I can provide info on how to do that if you want.
Otherwise, you can clear them manually, per-site or in full.
3. Enable the in-private browsing feature in firefox. That will implicitly
result in all cookies being cleared, among other things. I don't know that i
recommend that option because it will also result in your cache being
disabled and no history being available.
Joe