[nfbcs] Help using GIT with PKIs

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Fri Jan 3 21:06:58 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Sort of funny earlier today I saw some posts to the list about GIT, because
I have a question and not a lot of time to research or ask it.

At work I have been using GIT on a CentOS 5.8 (maybe 6.2) Linux system. Both
for login into the system and connecting with various tools such as GIT PKI
certificates are used.

Another tool i use to develop software is Eclipse.  Most of my interaction
with GIT has been via the command line. This setup has been working fairly
well.

Due to recent decisions at work there has been a push to move all employees
including developers to Windows 7 based OS at their desks. I have been able
to get JAWS, CGYWIN, GIT, and exlipse installed on my Windows machine, but
when I try to access / fetch my GIT repository I get an error.  The error
message leads me to believe there is a proglem with GIT getting my PKI to
authenticate me. As I type this sentence I realized I don't have the exact
error message with me.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to
resolve the problem. I was going to try to simulate the problem at home, but
realized I did not know how to setup a GIT repository and one that uses a
PKI to authenticate. And even if I could setup a GIT repo I don't have a PKI
certificate or CA server  to test with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham

blind at trailstone.com