[nfbcs] Using Apple Photo Stream on Windows with JAWS or NVDA

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Jan 3 23:34:42 UTC 2014

Has anyone had any luck with managing the Apple photo stream on Windows
using JAWS or NVDA? It shows up in two places, which are the actual location
and some sort of shortcut under My Computer. The one under My Computer is
completely inaccessible. The actual location works like a regular folder;
however, moving the files around there has no effect on the files that get
synced to my iPhone, so I am guessing that there is something magical about
the not accessible one. Any suggestions? Also, to that end, out of
curiosity, if a company makes a product that runs on an operating system
besides their own, should they have to make it work with the accessibility
features of that operating system?

Nicole