[nfbcs] My Computer, Remote Call Procedure Failing

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 16:42:03 UTC 2014

 Hello again everyone,

    Once again we have an issue with Mary's computer. This time when My Computer is opened we can access all drives without any trouble but if we enter a folder we only see a fraction of the files they hold. My Computer will not close and must be exited. If we attempt to reopen My Computer we receive the following message:

Explore.exe, Remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

    This is followed by the OK Button. Pressing OK clears this dialogue box but we're unable to access my computer without it reappearing. If we access files on our local or remote hard drives from other programs there's no problem.

    I attempted to run System Restore last night but was advised that there were no restore points available.

    Also a while back someone gave a help number for Microsoft to assist blind computer uses with their applications. I'm not sure this situation would be covered but would still like the number should it be needed. If our tech only had Team Viewer and could remote in to this machine problems like this could be fixed sooner. Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue

---