[nfbcs] first programs?

Ryan Stevens Rysteve at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 03:09:43 UTC 2014

The first full program I wrote was my end-of-year project using the Basic
language on the legendary Radio Shack TRS-80 during my senior year of high
school (1984).  It was a music trivia game where if the player got the
answer wrong, an ASCII human stick figure got blasted by a "laser beam" from
above.  If the answer was correct, the beam did a sudden left, missing the
figure.  From what I remember, the game randomly selected five questions
from a pool of fifteen or twenty, and the player's score was shown after the
final guess with corresponding message ("Good job", "Bad luck", etc).

Ryan Stevens