[nfbcs] PC's with a serial port

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Jan 29 20:00:19 UTC 2014

Thanks, everyone.
I have a card in my old PC with serial and parallel ports, but I've never
gotten it to work.  I could look into moving it to a new PC, and have an
actual tech put it in properly.
I also already have a USB/serial adapter, so I'll experiment with plugging
my Alva into my netbook or something, and see if it works.
Otherwise, I see lots of older refurbished systems that look adequate to my
needs, and have serial ports.  My Alva is still working well, and I'm not
eager to spend another 5 or 6 grand on a new braille display, so long as the
old beast can still do the job.
Tracy