[nfbcs] My Opinion and Experiences with Accessibility

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed Mar 5 03:58:57 UTC 2014

Regardless of if you use IE or Firefox with JAWS, there are going to be some
problems. JAWS often loses  focus in Firefox, but, if you are using a
website with a lot of ARIA, the better ARIA support is better. Also, you
can't use the JAWS cursor in Firefox, but more recent versions of JAWS kind
of have a fix for that with the convenient OCR. IE, on the other hand, does
not lose focus as much, but the ARIA support is not as good. Also, I like
being able to use Web Visum in Firefox.