[nfbcs] Help with website making decision?

Blake Hardin blakehardin5487 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 04:21:29 UTC 2014

Well, here is the email from the guy that I was asking about building the site.
Hi Blake,

Its good to hear from you again. So you already know that prices start
from $1500 did you have a budget in mind for this project? I usually
try to work with the client to stay within their budget rather than
just giving quotes. With that being said, if you wanted a paid
registration system we would want to take some more security
precautions than if it was just free registrations which would be
around another $2000 to get set up. SSL certificates are used to
secure the site for your users and they start at around $150/year.

For the content editing we would do it in a way that is most effective
for you. I would recommend that we identify what kind of content you
would be editing whether it be just a couple specific pages or if you
require more control. A lot of the time being able to edit the content
on a couple key pages is all that is required. Content management
systems could range anywhere from $500-$5000 depending on the level of
customization required.

Setting up a blog requires a secure interface for you to use to
add/edit posts and manage comments and users. We would want this
secured like I mentioned with the paid registrations and this usually
is just $500-$1000 depending on needs.

For hosting the site I offer managed cloud hosting, I charge flat rate
$200/month for this and it scales up according to performance and
storage needs. If you already have a hosting provider or just want to
host yourself I can also just give you the source code and
instructions to get it set up and you can host elsewhere.

So what do you guys think? I could maybe do my site myself but I
really don't want to have to worry with the coding aspect at all. I
just want to focus on making good video lessons for the site and
that's it. If I have to do the coding myself, I will never get
anything done I don't think since I will just be learning most of it.
I do however know some basic html stuff but thats about i.

--
Looking to take your guitar playing to the next level? Go to
http://onlineleadguitarlessons.com