[nfbcs] Grub Question:

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Mon Aug 17 23:21:38 UTC 2015

	Hello.   Option  5 is to install Linux with Speakup and use that from
the Linux console.

-thanks
-Brian

On Aug 17,  4:07pm, Jim Barbour via nfbcs wrote:
} Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Grub Question:
} If you need to interact with grub while your machine is booting, which
} is likely if you're hacking it, then you're only option is to
} configure grub so it will display it's output to a USB port, rather
} than a graphics display.
}
} I'm afraid I don't have the exact instructions for doing this, just a strong belief that it can be done.
}
} As for Linux screen reader access, you have three choices.  They are
} ranked according to my preference.  I'm hoping others will chime in
} with theirs..
}
} 1. Configure LInux so you can use ssh to connect to it via the networking from a mac or windows machine running a screen reader.
}
} 2. Install yasr, which is a screen reader which only works inside a linux terminal.
}
} 3. Install emacspeak, which is a text based, talking environment for interacting with LInux.  It's a nice environment, but might be a lot for you to learn.
}
} 4. install orca, which is a full GUI screen reader.  Others on this list like it more than I do.
}
} Hope this gets you started googling <grin>
}
} Jim
}