[nfbcs] Grub Question:

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 18 14:46:52 UTC 2015

I doubt an instructor would give a student a distro they had to install.
That would be assuming each student has a computer they can devote
entirely to the class. And to be practical, they'd really have to have a
laptop they could devote to the class. Not too many people have an extra
laptop sitting around. No instructor would assume that.

I think it has to be a live CD. We really need the OP to clear up what
distro he has before we can give reasonable advice.

If I was teaching an ethical hacking course instead of messing around
with CDs, I'd require each student to create their own bootable thumb
drive.  After all, that would be an important part of the learning
process for a hacker. I might not even care what operating system they
used.

--
John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, skype:john.g.heim