[nfbcs] best computer for a CS student?

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:40:32 UTC 2015

Hi all:
My name is Jorge.
I just graduated high school last year and had to take a year off
because my family and I moved to Florida from New York City, so I was
waiting for the residency rule to kick in college wise because the
tuition is about half or more of what out-of-state students pay.
At any rate, I've already got my acceptance letter to community
college, and I'm going to be majoring in Programming and Analysis.
My question is, what computer would be better for me in terms of school work?
I don't know what language my classes are going to use, but since I'm
also going to be doing a lot of work outside of class--I'm going to be
a freelance programmer on the side--I already know HTML pretty well
and I'm going to be learning other languages soon, what computer has
the biggest number of accessible development environments for the most
number of languages?
I have experience using both Mac and Windows, using Voice Over, JAWS
and System Access, so the screenreader isn't a problem for me.

Thanks,

Jorge