[nfbcs] most accessible virus/malware protection?

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 04:16:55 UTC 2015

Hello Nicole and everyone,

	Security Essentials got the boot from my wife's machine over an hour
ago and was replaced by Avast. Avast has protected our other two machines
very well. It should have been on this machine over a year ago as we're
having a recurring problem with "Computer" freezing when you open a folder
to select individual files. I was on the phone with Microsoft for almost 3
hours today trying to troubleshoot this issue to no avail. It seems as if
the machine immediately got reinfected after they cleaned everything up.
Once we're sure Avast is working properly we'll need to go through the same
thing again. Here's hoping this problem won't happen in the future. Even
Microsoft employees told me that their Security Essentials product is
substandard to other antivirus products on the market. I'll make sure they
deliver and fix these issues now that a real antivirus product has been
installed on this machine and is working properly. They got $150.00 out of
us for a support agreement. You can bet we'll make sure we'll get every cent
out of that agreement to be sure Mary never has this problem again in the
future. Now to listen to a lecture on perspective. After this mess I need
it.

Peter Donahue