[nfbcs] dictation software

eden eden420 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 20:55:38 UTC 2015

I have an interesting issue here.  I have been attempting to gain full
control of my computer with my braille sense on hand, but some of the
JAWS commands can not be done this way very easily.  I was thinking at
least for purposes of controling the computer when I want to use my
braille device an d be able to limit my time on the regular keyboard
since I read and type both very fast so i was wondering if any of the
dictaiton software works well with Windows and Jaws.  I've heard of some
scripts that work with JAWS for this, but I'm not interested in paying
for software to make Dragon accessible with another program that is
already supposed to provide accessibility.  Is there no way to use
things like Dragon naturally Speaking with JAWS or other screen readers,
and if there is, is there a manual available as well?  I have access to
bookshare and Kindle and all things of that manner so I can read most
texts if available.  My hands just get very tired going back and forth
between braille display and computer keyboard.  I will be doing
transcription, and of course I won't dictate that, but I still would
want to use dictation for other things.  Thank you for your help. How
have any of you found the Windows 7 included speech recognition?

Eden