[nfbcs] any experience with JAWES and open office

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Jun 11 15:17:09 UTC 2015

2008 qualifies as "years ago" for what I originally said. :-)

I don't know if problems like this still occur. The very nature of
drivers required by JAWS has changed as Windows itself has changed.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:18:55AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Actually the first time this happened to me was at home.  The second time it
happened I was at work and had to go to the tech support office and assist
tech support.  Tech support ended up calling freedom scientific and freedom
scientific found out the video driver that was needed was in a version of jaws
not yet authorized for navy use.  So tech support ended up downloading the new
version and extracting all video driver files and updating the drivers on the
work computer then deleted the new version of jaws.  That if I remember
happened in 2008 and the first incident happened at home and I ended up buying
an early nversion of Window-eyes.  So long as Freedom Scientific persists in
failing to make all video drivers available downloadable as an additional
package for valid users gymnastics like this especially in security-sensitive
environments will continue to be necessary.

SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com