[nfbcs] [Promotion-technology] [Nfb-web] Job description for Javascript developer we are looking for

Jeanine Kay Lineback jeanine.lineback at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:08:31 UTC 2015

Dave, thanks for posting. Can you post the most recent job description to the other mailing lists?
Not old at all. We are still looking and very interested in finding a screen reader/braille user to fill this position. The latest job announcement is attached to this message.
The contents of the current job announcement is also pasted below.
Javascript Developer
Deque Labs, Ann Arbor, MI

Company
Deque helps Fortune 500 companies ensure that their web-sites and web applications are accessible to people who are blind, visually impaired or have other disabilities. Deque software - WorldSpace and Amaze - is used by some of the world’s best-known brands. Our full suite of software products and services make web accessibility compliance, easier, faster, and more cost effective at the enterprise level.

Deque is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately owned company with development offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Herndon, VA. To learn more about us, visit www.deque.com.

Position Summary

Deque is a leader in providing consultancy and software development services to companies seeking to make their website fully accessible to people with disabilities.  As a result Deque developers have in-depth knowledge of a broad range of web technologies as well experience in how to create great looking, fully functional ‘web 2.0’ applications that are compliant with accessibility standards such as the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).

Deque is looking for a web developer that has experience in developing complex web applications on any of the major platforms, such as  JSP, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails and Node.JS, with an in-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.   The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply their skills in helping develop our leading suite of web accessibility tools, as well as assisting our clients develop their web presence, whilst learning good accessibility practices with some of the leading experts in this field worldwide.

Requirements

Essential skills and experience include:
•	5+ years experience in hands-on web development
•	HTML/DHTML/CSS
•	Intermediate to expert JavaScript, with a strong grasp of the rapidly growing ecosystem of JavaScript tools and best practice
•	Modern web application design patterns, such as server or client side MVC
•	Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
•	Version control tools, e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial or equivalent
•	Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with peers, managers and clients
•	Ability to grow professionally and learn new development and accessibility skills in a fast moving, customer focused environment
•	Experience working in a collaborative team environment, which emphasizes good coding techniques, code reviews and continuous improvement

Beneficial experience includes:
•	The Node.js platform and ecosystem such as:
o	NPM
o	Express
o	Grunt
•	Familiarity with database platforms, either SQL or NoSQL and common ODM patterns
•	Familiarity with accessibility concepts and practices beneficial but not essential.

Compensation and Benefits

Deque offers a competitive base salary, a bonus plan, health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement, as well as 15 days paid vacation and 401(k) plan participation after the 3-month probationary period.

Job location: Ann Arbor, MI.

Jeanine Kay Lineback
President | National Federation of the Blind of Texas Austin Chapter
(512) 919-0430
Keep up with NFB Austin on Facebook
Follow NFB Austin on Twitter @nfbaustin