[nfbcs] help requested with cygwin & ssh-

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Wed Mar 25 09:17:40 UTC 2015

Hi Erin, I am fairly certain it is not a firewall issue, because I can ssh
out of my windows box without a problem. But I will double check.

Hi Joseph, What you described is exactly what I am experiencing. I attempted
to try the command you suggested and that appears to work for what ever
reason.

So I dropped the two lines you suggested into a shell script and then I run
the shell script every time I log into cygwin. Thanks.

A follow up question. As far as I know, there is no concept of root in
cygwin.  So if someone else logs onto my windows box with their own account
and run the same cygwin executeable they will get their own home directory.
If I create a read only file (chmod 400 <filename>) will the file
permissions be enforced and only I will be able to read the file? in cygwin
or as a windows file on the machine? Will an administrator on the windows
machine be able to see and read my read only file? The reason why I am
asking is the read only file would have some sensitive informaition and
boils down to a security issue.

respectfully,

graham

-- blind at trailstone.com