[nfbcs] FW: compiling iPhone apps to Android apps

Jorge A. Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:42:25 UTC 2015

OK, so let me start off with the standards argument, and while I'm
added, bring something else up for discussion that I've been
wondering.
I think its pretty muchimpossible, at least as far as languages go, to
code inaccessibly, unless you use something like Flash.
That said, what remains then is a whole bunch of unlabeled
elements--the lables then turn into the main issue.
If a standard develops for accessibility though, who would determine it?
Obviously Freedom Scientific or an AT company in general shouldn't be
allowed to write the standards because then there would be a great
risk that the company would be bias towards its own screenreader.
of course there is the option that every AT company would write
standards to comply with its own products but that would lead us
nowhere as it would just create a confusing net of standards and
protocols that companies would either ignore altogether or else they
would choose to follow some and ignore others which wouldn't fix
anything.
So, if standards were to be made for accessible software or mobile
development, then it should be done by a group similar to the web
consorsium, although how many companies would subscribe to something
like that it'd be hard to say.
Now, dealing with an issue directly affecting Android,