[nfbcs] Frequent JAWS crashes when using Microsoft products

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Oct 1 18:37:33 UTC 2015

My main screen reader is Window-Eyes, but I have used JAWS some of late and
have seen the same restarting issue.  It is common in my experience for JAWS
to restart itself when Outlook 2013 is starting.  Since there is nothing
indicating this is happening until JAWS has restarted, one does not know at
first why the computer has gone silent.  I've had cases where Window-Eyes
had trouble focusing on an Excel 2013 cell, and when I switched to JAWS it
crashed Excel.  I've even seen cases where JAWS seems to continuously
restart itself.

I have to use Office 365 at work and while I am not unhappy with the
accessibility, I am having a lot of stability problems with both Window-Eyes
and JAWS and am also starting to wonder if we're dealing with Microsoft
instability.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson