[nfbcs] Frequent JAWS crashes when using Microsoft products

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 6 16:56:44 UTC 2015

Steve, I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. It is not uncommon to see
Outlook restarting two or three times a day, and it is not uncommon when
exiting to see the message that an error has occurred and Outlook is
searching for a solution. It used to be that this completely silenced jaws,
but jaws now seems to be able to detect when it is locked up and will shut
down and restart itself. I do not remember having this problem and Outlook
2003, but I think it has been fairly constant since 2010.

One of the problems is that it is difficult to know where to look for the
culprit. Is it the Microsoft code itself, the interaction with JAWS for
Windows, or, in my case, the add-in that is used by Dragon NaturallySpeaking
in order to work with Office products.