[nfbcs] Accessibility of online chat

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Fri Oct 30 00:35:52 UTC 2015

I have Windows 7, Jaws 16 and a Braille display. Recently I signed up
with Geek Squad from Best Buy. They have online chat and phone support.
When using online chat I can see what my assistant types but not their
reply. What can be done about this?

They do not offer email support. I would much prefer this. I am
deaf-blind and could use the tty relay, but I don't want to go through a
nontechnical operator in a technical discussion. It seems to me that
their failure to provide email suport is a violation of ADA. What do you
think?

Thanks,
John

--