[nfbcs] Strange Behavior in Windows Explorer

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Aug 15 04:59:56 UTC 2016

What is the preview pane?

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Steve Jacobson
via nfbcs
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 1:21 PM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List'
Cc: Steve Jacobson
Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Strange Behavior in Windows Explorer

Nicole,

I don't have an answer for you but would ask that you help us all by seeing
if this behavior is consistent with other screen readers.  I have seen cases
where both Window-Eyes and JAWS seems to cause behavior than is different
than expected.  They don't both cause the same behavior, though, so I think
some of this is specific to screen readers and some might be something that
is not entirely stable within Windows.  Even though you may not have
Window-Eyes, try it with NVDA and even Narrator.  Make sure you have the
preview pane turned off.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson