[nfbcs] Is there any accessible editor for programming like EdSharp?

JooYoung Seo sjysky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:32:34 UTC 2016

  Thanks a lot you all!
  It's really really resourceful!
  You all have a wonderful day.
  Cheers,

       JY

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Christopher
Chaltain via nfbcs
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:42 PM
To: NFB in Computer Science Mailing List <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Is there any accessible editor for programming like
EdSharp?

On Windows I debated between NoteTab Pro and TextPad, and I decided to
go with NoteTap Pro. I liked NoteTap Pro's outline mode, and it's
scripting language. It's been about five years since I used it though. I
switched to Ubuntu about five years ago and use Emacs with Emacspeak for
most of my editing.

On 13/01/16 16:03, Aaron Cannon via nfbcs wrote:
> Notepad++, at least on my system, does not recognize blank spaces
> properly, hence I have difficulty determining whether or not things
> are aligned properly.  But the biggest problem I encounter is that it
> doesn't read what is being selected when I hold down the shift key.
>
> I too wish for an alternative to EdSharp, as I worry what will happen
> when it no longer works.  It's the editor upon which I rely to do my
> job.
>
> Aaron
>
> On 1/13/16, Amanda Lacy via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> On Windows I use Notepad++ and on Mac I use TextMate. I hear EmacSpeak
>> is supposed to be really good but haven't figured out how to install
>> it on the Mac yet.
>>
>> Amanda
>>
>> On 1/13/16, JooYoung Seo via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>    Hello list,
>>>
>>>    I found EdSharp is really great solution for writing code, but it
does
>>> not
>>> seem maintained.
>>>
>>>    Do you know any alternative as good as EdSharp?
>>>
>>>    Your advice would be so much appreciated.
>>>
>>>    Thank you.
>>>

>>>         JY
>>>

>>> ---
>>> nfbcs: