[nfbcs] Computer science major college question

Amanda Lacy lacy925 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:51:25 UTC 2016

Speaking of foreign languages and people who have no idea what we
need, someone in the disabled office at my university told me that I
shouldn't take Spanish there. He said it was too fast paced for a
blind person, it was a GPA killer and that I should either take it at
the community college or get the requirement waived. I wonder if the
real reason was because they didn't want to have to make those
picture-filled textbooks and tests accessible. I ignored him and took
three semesters of Spanish (6 hours each) and made A's in all of them.
I might have taken even more, but the required exercises were full of
politics and propaganda - "let's talk about immigration and saving the
planet."

Amanda