[nfbcs] Computer Expense Upkeep

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 8 01:04:42 UTC 2016

Good morning Nicole and everyone,

      We've always had antivirus and other threat protection on all of our
machines. Having the Proactive Monitoring will add an additional layer of
protection.  This program also includes remote backup of all programs and
files offsite. You can never have enough storage be it local or remote. It
will make the job of restoring data to a new or wiped machine much easier.
Since we run a business part or all of this expense can be written off as a
business expense when we file our taxes.
Provided we can prove that the business is growing and producing revenue not
only are we enhancing the protection for our computers but we're putting
money in the bank as well.

Peter Donahue

Nicole Torcolini wrote:
block quote
Out of curiosity, do you have an antivirus on any of your computers,
and, if so, which one? Also, is backing up files really that hard?
Unless you are having a lot of hardware problems, I find it hard to
believe that $252 per year per computer is that good of a deal. I have
Geek Squad subscriptions on mine that cover hardware problems, which
is much more reasonable. I do not remember the price, but I am 99% sure
block quote end
that it is no more than $100 per year.
block quote
Nicole