[nfbcs] Drawings

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Wed Jul 13 22:43:51 UTC 2016

RIGHT. Yeah, that's certainly one way to deal with it. I would be a little nervous though, denormalizing your data like that. Leaves too much room for human error.

There's probably some formula one could apply to the rand column, which would take as a variable x, equaling the number of tickets bought by each user, and that returns a modified random variable, which is an adjusted value, so that it is as likely to win as x tickets.

It may be as simple as generating x random numbers, and only returning the lowest of them. Not sure that that can be done without using VBScript or not though.

Hopefully that's sufficiently coherent. I had a somewhat involved surgery on Friday morning, and I'm on some brain-stiring meds. Pretty sure I shouldn't even be on here.

Aaron

Aaron

--
This message was sent from a mobile device