[nfbcs] NEW BOARD FOR THE NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:14:06 UTC 2016

I have a question  regarding the mission of the NFB In Computer Science division as it stands.
In reviewing the archives 99% of the work appears to be centered around accessibility/usability issues pertaining to computers. I see very little reference to actual computer science topics or furthering!
Since there is such a huge tilt towards general computer usage this means that computer science subjects don't appear to be welcome or emphasized.
Would it make more sense to change the name of this division by removing  "Computer Science" and then form a new division that focuses directly on computer Science topics as well as methods for forwarding BLind person's participation in Computer Science?
-Kevin