[nfbcs] NEW BOARD FOR THE NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:37:57 UTC 2016

I used an example of a book that is used extensively by many undergrad programs because it is  the bible of algorithms.
I think we should take the lead in obtaining BRF copies of the most commonly used books so that there is no delay from the time a student signs up for the course and obtaining the book.
There are a few core books that are used by a lot of CSCI schools that should be made available. In addition there are reference texts such as UML distilled that should also be made available in an accessible format.
UML distilled is diagram heavy and this will require some thought and perspective on how best to create an alternative technique.

Some other  areas that need work are state machines, Automata, programming style descriptions for Java, Python, C/C++....
-Kevin