[nfbcs] Using Microsoft Deployment

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:39:42 UTC 2016

Hello:

One of my job duties is to be able to deploy windows to multiple machines.
IT staff at Our university use a flash drive that boots to a menu where the
tech chooses the image to deploy.  Once chosen, they input the computer name
and the process is automatic from there.

>From what I understand, this is using Microsoft Deployment, which is just a
stripped down version of Windows.  The way I am doing this right now is by
memorizing the keystrokes and using kNFB Reader to verify what I am doing by
taking a picture of the screen.  It's great that I'm able to do this but,
for obvious reasons, it is not an optimal solution.

I do have a windows PE flash drive with NVDA built in which I use for
computer maintenance.  Also, at home, I install fresh copies of windows this
way - by decompressing the Windows 10 iso on this drive and running the
setup.exe file.  This way, I have speech through the Windows installation.

Does anyone else use Microsoft Deployment?  If so, what are the available
solutions for someone using speech?  I'm not very experienced with
deployment myself, but I thought that they could just give me an iso of
their customized image and I could run setup.exe (after placing it on my
talking Windows PE drive) and have a talking install like I do at home.  Do
deployment images not have a standard Windows setup file?

I'm pleased that my current solution is working but I would like to have a
fully talking solution which I feel would be way more reliable.

Thanks,

Robert