[nfbcs] Can't set up NVDA for Braille

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Sat Jun 4 16:35:52 UTC 2016

I am deaf-blind, so speech is useless. My sighted assistant downloaded
and installed NVA. It talks, but the settings menu does not include my
Pack Mate from Freedom Scientific. That does not make sense, since
Freedom Scientific displays are some of the most common. He downloaded
and installed the Freedom Scientific Braille drivers. No results from
NVDA. the display works fine with Jaws, but I can't get Jaws to
install on a freshly installed and updated copy of Windows 7. The NVDA
users guide says it will work with Freedom Scientific display. To
repeat, they are not among the choices of Braille displays.

As far as I am concerned,NVDEA  is useless and its promises deceptive.

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
         disabilities which are available at no cost.