[nfbcs] Upgrading to Windows 10

Curtis Chong curtischong at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 15:22:51 UTC 2016

Gary:

I had both good and bad experiences upgrading to Windows 10. On my Dell
Latitude E6400, the upgrade went smoothly until my audio suddenly decided to
quit after an update. I worked with Dell to resolve this, but since they
couldn't fix the problem, that machine had to roll back to Windows 7.

At the office, I upgraded an HP computer to Windows 10, and so far, it has
been behaving quite nicely. The one problem you will notice is that some
things like Windows Update and other deep utilities that the average person
normally never uses are not quite as accessible with speech as one would
like. The basic system stuff works great. The Desktop is still the Desktop,
and the Start Menu provides the nice search feature that we have used with
Windows 7. All Programs are sort of back.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong