[nfbcs] Preparing for coding interviews

Martin, Vincent F vincent.martin at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 3 00:20:55 UTC 2016

The president's office does not let my college or school know what is going on.  Sometimes it looks like Laurel and Hardy routines at play.  Most of the administrators and professors have no idea that I actually attended the school for undergrad work many years before they arrived.  I was even on the campus as a Paralympian twenty years ago.   I have five tenured professors that actually attended undergrad or grad school here with my "baby" brother.  The few people that remember me realize it after they are told that I was sighted initially and was slowly losing my vision to RB in the early eighties.

I also worked with the Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access on campus with many research studies.  The director of the center, was a colleague of mine at the VA Rehabilitation Research center for blinded veterans.  I have had committee members, clerical workers, and even other tenured professors that are passing me internal documents to give to my attorneys.  One of the people had their daughter taught by my brother as a college professor.  They have no idea of their relationship to him or to me.  I know about the Risk Management determination that it was cheaper to not comply because the sanctions are not that elaborate.  They feel that It was actually cheaper to spend over $400,000 on a two-year built environment audit and then make a ten-year strategic plan to fix that than to address my issues.  I am just one person and all the others that apply with vision problems are low-vision.

If I do have to go the legal route, the depositions will be vicious.

PS- There are currently over 350 colleges and universities in the country being investigated for mostly web related infractions by the Department of Education.  This is in preparation for the new guidelines that will finally be released hopefully soon.