[nfbcs] Reliable keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 to switch between applications

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 01:50:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am typically running several application: IE, CMD, Cygwin and Visual
 Studio. I am looking for a keyboard shortcut to switch to a particular
 application.

 Alt-tab is NOT what I'm looking for, since it switches to the last
 used application. I would like to have one shourtcut for IE, another
 for MCD and so on, so that whenever I want to switch to IE I would
 press that shourtcut just once.

 Windows key + numbers. This is what I'm currently using. For example I
 have Windows key + 2 switches me to IE. The problem with it is that it
 is frustratingly unreliable. They only work about 80% of the times,
 and for the remaining 20% they set the focus to the task bar.
 Sometimes the success rate goes down even lower than 50%, at which
 point I have to reboot my computer. I've had this problem on two
computers, one of which had a brand new windows. By the way, does
anyone else experience the unreliability of this shortcut, or only me?

 Ctrl+Alt+Letter is NOT what I'm looking for. You can assign this type
 of shortcuts in the properties of applications on the desktop. But
 that would start a new application instead of switching to an existing
 one.

 So:
 1. Is there a way to make windows key + number keyboard shortcut more reliable?
 Or:
 2. Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to specific apps?
Maybe a jaws script or something?

 I'm using the latest Windows 10 and Jaws 17.

Thanks
Tony
 Thanks