[nfbcs] New member seeking career info

William Grussenmeyer wdg31415 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:18:05 UTC 2017

Hi Maria,
I am a full time software engineer at a big software company.  What
has been your past work experience?  Do you have a linkedIn account?
It is important to have a linkedIn account when you are a software
engineer.  What do you mean by next steps and more purposeful work?
Do you mean something full time?  Specializing in C# web development
is limiting to the many potential jobs out there.  But if you are
willing to learn, some companies might hire you even if you do not
know their language or tools as long as you know more general
programming concepts and algorithms and can pass their technical
interviews.
Thanks,
bill