[nfbcs] Remote desktop

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 22 19:15:31 UTC 2017

I am trying to use Remote Desktop when working remotely, instead of
connecting directly like I'm used to.  Some odd things are happening.  The
screen suddenly switches away from the window I'm working in to, say, the
clock, and I have to switch back.  Or the screen seems to be blank, and I
have to switch around some to get Jaws to see the actual screen again.  In
these cases, insert-escape to refresh the screen is not sufficient.  Also,
in terminal emulation, for which I run a Jaws script, moving the cursor left
or right does not read the character under the cursor.  I grant this last
may be a script problem with Remote Jaws, though I run the exact same script
with regular Jaws with no problems.  Are the other issues to do with Jaws or
with Remote Desktop, or with quantum fluctuations in the Universe?  I'm
trying to figure out who to talk to who might resolve these annoyances.

Thanks.

Tracy