[nfbcs] 2017 NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Fri Jul 7 01:58:26 UTC 2017

	Hello.  the NFB in Computer Science is proud to announce the
publication of the agenda for the 2017 annual meeting of the NFB in
Computer Science.  This meeting wil take place at the NFB National
convention on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 from 12:30PM to 5:00PM.
Below is the text of the agenda  for this year's meeting.  Also, attached
is a Word Doc copy of this agenda.  I'm told that attachments sometimes
fail on this server, so the .doc file might or might not be attached when
you get this message.  I look forward to seeing all of you in Orlando and I
hope you'll all come up and say hello to me at the front table  as your
newly elected president.  I'm  very excited about this meeting and I hope
you will be too as you  read this agenda.  This will be a dynamic, exciting
and informative meeting of the convention and I believe everyone will learn
something from this year's proceedings.

Sincerely,

Brian Buhrow, President NFB in Computer Science

<cut here for text of agenda>

                      NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
                             IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

            Enhancing nonvisual access to information technology
             and improving the ability of blind IT professionals
                         to compete in today's world

                             2017 Meeting Agenda
                                July 12, 2017
                              12:30 - 5:00 p.m.

                              Wekiwa 4, Level 2
                             Rosen Shingle Creek
              9939 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819

12:30-1:00  Registration ($5.00)
                 Register to become a member of the NFB in Computer Science
                 and to receive a link to an audio recording of this
                 meeting.
1:00-1:45   QUICKBOOKS! NOW I CAN MANAGE MY BUSINESS FINANCES NONVISUALLY!
                 The Story of how QuickBooks for Windows Desktop Became
                 Accessible
                 Albert Rizzi, Chief Executive Officer, My Blind Spot Inc.
1:45-2:00   Questions from the audience
2:00-2:20   TACTILE DRAWING, AND MORE! AN UPDATE ON THE GRAPHITI
                 REFRESHABLE TACTILE GRAPHICAL DISPLAY
                 Venkatesh Chari, President and Chief Technical Officer,
                 Orbit Research
2:20-2:30   Questions from the audience
2:30-2:50   THE ACCESSIBLE WEB: A PRACTICAL PRAGMATIC APPROACH
                 Mark Readdie, President, Louder Pages
2:50-3:00   Questions from the audience
3:00-3:45   ACCESSIBILITY TO DEVELOPMENT TOOLS AT MICROSOFT: A ROAD MAP
                 Megan Lawrence, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft, Inc.
                      NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
                             IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

            Enhancing nonvisual access to information technology
             and improving the ability of blind IT professionals
                         to compete in today's world

3:45-4:00   Questions from the audience
4:00-4:20   PDF CAN BE ACCESSIBLE - REALLY!
                 Rob Haverty, Senior Product Manager, Document Cloud
                 Accessibility, Adobe Systems, Inc.
4:20-4:30   Questions from the audience
4:30-4:45   WINDOWS 10 WORKS FOR THE BLIND! STOP CLINGING TO WINDOWS 7
                 Curtis Chong, Treasurer, NFB in Computer Science
4:45-4:55   NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE BUSINESS MEETING
                 Approval of 2016 Meeting Minutes, Treasurer's Report, and
                 other business
4:55-5:00   AIRA: A Real Time Visual Assistant
                 Michael Hingson, Director of Strategic Sales, Aira Tech
                 Corporation
5:00  Adjourn