[nfbcs] Invitation to participate in a study about the use of audio cues in a programming tool for novice programmers

Stephanie Ludi steph.ludi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 21:27:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

My students and I are seeking participants for a study regarding the use of
audio cues in a simulated programming environment.  When the tools is
complete, it will help people learn to program.  Each session will take
approximately 45 minutes.

Participants must:

·      Be at least 18 years old

·      Be in the US

·      Be a screen reader user (NVDA, JAWS, or VoiceOver)

·      Have access to a computer/laptop with a web browser (Firefox,
Safari, or Chrome) and Skype

·      Be willing to use a pair of headphones during the study.

·      NOT need to know how to program (but if you do have some experience
that is fine).

Participants will be entered into a raffle to win one of two $50 Amazon
gift cards.  If you are interested, please contact me at:
Stephanie.ludi at unt.edu

Thank you,

--Steph