[nfbcs] open python scripts on VMware fusion

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Fri May 5 19:36:48 UTC 2017

Hello Jessica,

Have you or your friend tried right-clicking on the .PY file (or using the APPS key, or SHIFT+F10) and then choosing "Open With.." and then selected the Python application from the list of installed applications?  That is how mine is set up, although the execution window closes right after running the Python application this way.

I prefer to use a command line and execute the Python script using something like:
C:\> py MyScript.py

Hope this helps.

Joseph Drenth
R&D Software Engineer
JBT Corporation  |  Automated Systems
400 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA  18914, USA
E: joe.drenth at jbtc.com  P: 215 822 4457
www.jbtc-agv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jessica Dail via nfbcs
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 2:51 PM
To: NVDA users list
Cc: Jessica Dail; Andy B. via nfbcs
Subject: [nfbcs] open python scripts on VMware fusion

Hi,
I’m trying to learn python.

I’m having a very hard time opening python scripts, and programs.
I’m using VMware fusion, and NVDA master snapshots, latest version.
What happens:
When I cpress enter on a py file, it also opens notepad.
What can I do?
My friend can’t get visual studio to read the output.

Can you help us?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10