[nfbcs] [Nfb-science] [BlindMath] Science division reach its 2017 STEM scholarship goal

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Wed May 10 03:27:22 UTC 2017

Hi Mr. Grussenmeyer,

I'm Cricket Bidleman. I'm very interested in physics and computer
science, but I have other career interests as well, including some
of... What was it? The "humanities crap" that you were talking about.

I really don't want to be confrontational, but at the same time, I'm
having difficulty processing this situation. Forgive me... I'm a bit
slow sometimes. The NFB promotes inclusion and its scholarship program
provides a foundation on which the educational dreams of blind
students can be built. As a witness to the incredible good that this
organization does by promoting the inclusion of all students and all
people in all careers, I am rather shocked that social sciences and
other such fields are considered "crap" by anyone, much less someone
in the NFB, who I am sure has a perfectly respectable career that no
one would consider "crap".

I would also like to note, as someone who is interested in science and
other data-heavy fields, that there were no statistics on your email.
I would be incredibly happy to look over a compilation of what I'm
sure is carefully documented research on your part. I'm sure that
someone as clearly knowledgeable as yourself would have plentiful
documentation on such a claim.

I am aware that you are probably incredibly busy. However, if you
could take time out of your full day and condescend to explain your
claim to me, I would really, really appreciate it. I just want to make
sure, since I am a student, that I have the right information, and I
am certain that you are a credible source. Thank you so much!

Respectfully yours,
Cricket X. Bidleman
NCS Pearson, Associate quality Assurance Engineer