[nfbcs] more IOS dev questions

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu May 18 02:38:58 UTC 2017

All:

I had a couple more IOS development questions.

First, I'm struggling a bit to figure out how to align my controls and
I'm getting tons of ambiguous warnings.

My view has four controls: a label, an edit box, and two buttons.

I want the label to be to the left of the edit box.. The label will be
in the upper left corner.

The label gets a constraint of top layout guide.bottom+25

It also gets a horizontal constraint of 10 just so it's not stuck on the
far left side.

The textbox has a constraint of textbox.top=label.top

and textbox.leading=label.trailing+5

This presumably will keep everything aligned and space the textbox 5
units away from the label's right edge.

The first button (which I want below the textbox) gets
button1.top=textbox.bottom+20

and button1.leading=textbox.leading

This is supposed to space the button down from the textbox and align it
with the left edge.

I also set a width and height in the constraint.

Button2 also gets button2.top=button1.bottom+20

and button2.leading = button1.leading

This to me should have everything organized, but instead I'm told that
there are horizontal issues and ambiguities.

Finally I had a question about labels.

I know visually you need to provide a label to the left of controls like
textboxes to say what they are, but is there a way to make voiceover
ignore that? Is that how labels are usually handled? I also don't want
it in the tabstop list (or the flick linear list), whichever.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me> My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com> My Linkedin
<http://linkedin.com/in/tylerlittlefield> @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>