[nfbcs] windows 10, URLs entered in the start menu always come up in Edge, not the default browser

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue May 23 23:05:14 UTC 2017

Hey Everyone,

I am having a strange issue that Google doesn't seem to know about. But, I could swear I read or heard about it somewhere before.

I am running windows 10, not the anniversary update.

I have gone into the control panel and set my default browser to firefox.

However, when I type ctrl+escape to bring up the start menu and then type a URL into the search bar, the URL opens in Edge, rather than firefox.

Anybody know if this is a known problem, how to work around it, etc?

Thanks for all replies,

Jim