[nfbcs] Blind computer scientist wanted

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:22:42 UTC 2017

I feel that you are being a bit arrogant Andy although I am biased against you. what I mean is that you really should take it one step at a time. At this point, we should be happy when any blind person gets a job outside of a sheltered workshop. when more blind people are graduating and stem fields and getting jobs outside sheltered workshops, that will be the time to push really hard to get blind people out of blindness related professions. however, in the accessibility field, we need to take it as a good thing that adaptive minority groups like deaf and blind people are getting hired. accessibility is not just something you do because you couldn't get a job anywhere else. It takes ingenuity, and it's best to have someone who actually uses accessibility features instead of someone who will have to test for them. there is such a shortage of blind people who can do the job and blind people are needed a lot and accessibility. Think about it. Without accessible software and development environments, blind people will not be branching out into other areas. I believe that accessibility is an important job that needs to be filled by blind developers, not blind testers.

Sabra Ewing

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/b.schulz%40sbcgloba