[nfbcs] help with using Atlassian jiraand confluence

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Mon Oct 30 02:53:02 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have been tasked at work to use Atlassian jira and confluence. I am still
trying to figure out the layout of the pages, but I for the life of me
cannot figure out how to review a jira ticket's details, edit an existing
jira ticket to update it, and to create a new jira ticket. I have looked at
the web site and it says it is 508 compliant, so It must be working
correctly, but I am unable to figure out how to perform the 3 tasks above. I
have done a bit of google searching and have found all kinds of
accessibility tickets on this and that is not working - even tickets as
recent as May 2017. I also have seen tickets back in 2013. I have seen
comments that many of the menu items are javascript, which makes it
difficoult for screen readers to use, but I am not sure how dated that
comment was. I am using JAWS 18 and firefox to review the jira pages. I can
find existing tickets, but when I move to the ticket it, it says it is
clickable, but nothing appears to happen when I try the various methods on
involking hyperlinks. If Anyone has any insight on how to easily navigate a
jira page and perform the three tasks I mentioned I would be most
appreciative. Thank  you.

--

Graham Mehl

 <mailto:blind at trailstone.com> blind at trailstone.com