[nfbcs] Siri slow on wi-fi

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:56:27 UTC 2018

     Hi all,

Has anyone experienced  Siri on the iPhone being slow to respond when
Siri is on Wi-fi? It works perfectly when the phone is connected through
cellular data, but when I'm at home, after saying "Call Mr. Smith",
every other time I'd have to wait 10-20 seconds while Siri is thinking.
This is very annoying, and I really want to do something about it.

My router at home doesn't seem to be an issue, because in the last few
years I changed three of them. I tried Linksys, Asus, and now I'm using
Netgear, but with any of these three I have the same problem with Siri.

Internet speed doesn't seem to be an issue. Spee test shows that my
download speed is over 200 VBps, that should be enough for Siri.

I'm using Comcast as my internet provider and I suspect they are doing
something bad to my traffic that slows down Siri. I'm thinking about
switching to CenturyLink, but I'm not sure if that would help.

I have an iPhone SE, that is 2 years old.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Regards

Tony